Hey Guys Happy Tuesday!
It’s July, apparently summer time even though the weather persists to be rude, 6 months has gone by since we set our New Year goals. If you have been following my blog, and have an interest in goals and inspirational topics – you would have read my post ‘New Year, New Goals 2016’. If you haven’t then I would go and read it now! In today’s post I’m going to be talking about how I review my goals for the first half of the year.
Goal by Goal Assessment
- What have you achieved? – Have you achieved what you set out to do in the first half of the year? If you did, make a note of all the facilitators that helped you achieve this goal. For example if it was to loose weight, and you’ve lost 2 stone, was it because you decided to commit to the gym 3 times a week and you actually did it? Or did you stop eating all the pies as you promised yourself? (I need to take note of this one haha!). What ever it is, try and replicate this for your other goals, which are similar to ensure success. If things went wrong, evaluate the cause of the delay, and the same process applies.
- SMART Goals – Were the goals you set out for the first half of the year, actually SMART? What are your SMART goals for the next 6 months? How can you edit your goals based on previous experience? These are the things you should be thinking about. I outline what SMART goals are in my previous post here.
- Don’t let life get in the way – Obviously life happens every now and again, sometimes this becomes a major distraction and our goals get left behind. Always remember it’s never too late to pick this back up. Don’t let life determine your destiny. One saying I hate is “what will be, will be”. I feel this is a defeatist statement, I mean why should you let life happen to you, when you should happen to life!
- Continue to feed your inspiration – Read books and go to networking events. Surround yourself with driven, motivated individuals, who are like minded and can support you in areas of need.
- Never let sight block your vision – Even though things may not be clear, don’t let what you see around you deter you from maintaining your flow of motivation to achieve those goals.
Pyjama Top – Mango
Jeans (old) – ASOS (Similar)
Shoes – Top Shop
Cross Body Bag – Alexander Wang via The Outnet
Sunglass – Coconut Lane (Get 20% off with my exclusive discount code ‘styleandthesass20’)
Thank you guys for taking the time to read today’s post, let me know your thoughts, or if you have any good tips to share! Don’t forget to follow me on Bloglovin, and share the love by commenting and sharing.
Until the next post!