Yes I’m starting the week off on a positive note, to try and lay the foundation for an excellent week! Practicing the art of positive thinking, trust me it works! Anyway, in today’s post I’m going to be talking about this seasons best beauty looks, and what my beauty look has been this summer.
Farfetch earlier this year, launched a beauty section of their site. They now stock all your favourite brands in beauty such as Eve Lom, Becca, Oskia and much more! You can explore their beauty collection here. Earlier this year, I made it my mission to experiment with new make up, and beauty looks. As early as two years ago, all I ever did was a basic face wash and cleanser, then foundation and mascara for make up. Yeah I know, that was it haha! And this year I decided experiment with more skin care and make up products.
Anyway, so Farfetch have put together a compilation of the key beauty looks for SS16, so here are my favourites:
Best Beauty Looks SS16 Edit
The inspirations for this Au Naturale look are from Bottega Veneta and Chloé, with Chloé being one of my fave brands. This looks really suits the boho chic, freedom and femininity of Cholé, and is a great everyday feel good look.
My take on this beauty look is what I have in the pictures above, and has become my everyday look this summer. On my face I have:
- Foundation: Mac Studio Dix NW55 with SPF 15
- Highlight: Sasha Buttercup Setting Powder & Gold Deposit – Mac
- Eyebrows: Illamasqua Eyebrow Cake in Gaze
- Contour: Film Noir – Mac
- Blusher: Razin – Mac
- Lips: Honeylove – Mac
- Mascara: YSL Vinyl Couture Mascara (Colour 1 – I’m the Clash) – Alternative
Okay so Loud Lips is another trend this season which I’m totally loving. This trend is inspired by Miu Miu’s seventies inspired show, and it seems like others have now started to catch onto this trend. Experimenting with metallic lipsticks, and strongly reminding me of old pictures of my mum and aunties wearing their gold and silver lipsticks back during the same era.
This year I stepped out of my comfort zone of nude lipsticks, and bought purple lipstick and a bright pink one, both by Mac. To switch things up this summer a little bit more, I’m also going to try out some metal lip sticks and experiment with different finishes (other than matte haha!). So to kick things off:
- Popping Coral: Lipstick Queen – Jungle Queen Lipstick – This looks like an amazing colour, and is perfect for all skin tones.
- Evolving colour: Lipstick Queen – Frog Prince Lipstick – This lipstick is emerald green, but transforms into a rosebud pink, and the colour adapts to your skin.
- Metallic: Lipstick Queen: The Metals in colour in metal nude – Poppy King has created three metallic lipsticks with an irresistible magnetic allure, available in nude, wine and red.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post, and visiting my blog! If you want to read more posts like this, follow me on Bloglovin. Share the love by liking, sharing and commenting.
Until the next post!