Happy Tuesday Lovelies 🙂
New week, new motivation. So I thought I would drop in with yet another inspiration post, about success and what you need to do to be successful. Success is defined as accomplishing a desired aim or result. So this means that success is different for everyone, simply by how we choose to define it. And everyone wants to be successful right? So what does it actually take to be successful?
This is an interesting question, as the are numerous books and sayings about how to be successful. But I think it’s worth (depending on what you want to see success in), to read and absorb yourself in materials relevant to your niche. That will help propel you to accomplish what you set out to achieve. So what changes can you make to be successful?
5 Tips to be Successful
- Stop Procrastinating – This is easier said than done. But this is the biggest cause of you and I not getting things done, and achieving our dreams. The difference between what you are now, and what you want to be is how disciplined with what you do with your time.
- Working Hard Toward your Goal – “Do you see a man who excels in his work? He will stand before kings; He will not stand before unknown men” (Proverbs 22:29). I love this because kings seek for the most skilled and knowledgeable in their niches. In order to excel in your work you need to be constantly adding value. This could be reading, attending seminars or webinars or practicing a skill! All of which is hard work. Think of the end goal as you put in the work, and who knows maybe one day will will be one of those men standing before kings and presidents!
- Don’t Focus on Others – It’s easy to get distracted by what others are doing, and start comparing yourself to them. Hannah has bought a house, Julie has bought a Range Rover and Donna is getting married – this could make you feel like like you’re behind in life. However it’s important to remember that everybody’s destiny and purpose is different – therefore so are their paths. Focus on you, and do what you have to do, to make it to your destination.
- Watch Your Speech – Saying things like “I don think I can”, “I don’t think I’ll be good at it” and so on, are all negative statements you make against yourself. It’s so easy to get into the habit of this. For example everyday I tell people I’m tired. Until one day I wasn’t, I was alert and full of energy. Then someone asked me “How are you doing Tash”, and I said tired as an automatic response. It took me a while to realise that I wasn’t. And it made me think mmm maybe those other days, maybe I wasn’t but because I’m programmed to always say that, I am always tired. Anyway my point is to always speak positivity into your day. I also mention this in my previous post ‘6 Steps to Follow Your Dreams’.
- Conquering the Fear of Failure – Once you do this, you can do anything! Every successful person has failed numerous times before they became successful. You will never know if you made a good decision, or if that great idea will work until you try!
As usual thank you for reading my post! Let me know what you thought of my tips, and which ones you think you will be implementing. Never miss a post, by following me on Bloglovin. Follow by click on the link or the + at the top. Keep up-to-date with my #ootd on my Instagram too! Share the love by liking, sharing and commenting.
Until the next post beautiful!